Staffing Process in a Company
Any organization is incomplete without its manpower. To run an organization efficiently there is an acute need for people who understand the work. There are specific jobs to be done in an organization that requires a different kind of talent and aptitude. Here comes the role of human resources. It is one of the greatest factors behind running a company successfully. Hence, Staffing is an integral part of any organization.
What is Staffing?
Staffing is a managerial function that involves hiring people for a specific position in an organization. It is one of the most vital functions of management. It involves the process of finding the right people withthe proper qualification, aptitude, and experience for the required job. The evaluation of the candidate is done based on several factors. In management, staffing is employing, deploying, and managing staff in an organization. These include wage earners, contract employees, consultants, general employees, etc.
Importance of Staffing
The contribution to human resources is implacable. Without proper utilization of human resources, a company cannot survive in the market in the long run. The right kind of workforce enables an organization to achieve greater heights. Staffing is the most crucial part of management. Importance of staffing has been important for a very long time. Specifically, with the rapid changes in the technology, work field, and human behavior, the importance of staffing has further increased. The selection of staff is no longer solely based on aptitude. Attitude and work ethics come into play as well. We at Fidelesys, appreciate the significance of staffing and incorporate things in a professional manner.Here are few pointers to understand the importance of staffing:
- Efficient Performance of Other Functions: Staffing is directly proportionate with the function of other resources. There is a need for a proper group of staff in the organizationto function properly.
- Optimum Use of Technology: Imagine you have access to the latest technology but no one knows how to use it. Disaster, right! This is the importance of staffing. This also showcases the connection between staffing and technology. The proper use of technology ensures the smooth run of the company.
- Development of the Human Capital: Another importance of staffing is that it helps to understand the human capital requirements of the company. The advancement of the staff further helps in managing the capital of the organization. This benefits the company soon.
- Provides Job Satisfaction and Builds Morale: Staffing through its various process keep the staff satisfied with their job. This further leads to building the morale of the workforce of an organization.
Process of Staffing
The process of staffing can be quite stressful at times. At the same time, it is the most important process in human resources. Recruiting good staff is the hardest task. The betterment of the company depends upon the quality of the staff. Analyzing and finding the right fit for the company to achieve its goal involves a series of steps. These are briefly discussed below:
- Planning of Manpower It is important to plan the amount of manpower required to run a company beforehand. This is also known as human resource planning. It is the first step in staffing. It helps n understanding the demand of the workforce in the company.
- Recruitment and Selection: Recruitment is initiate the search for the desired candidate to fill in the vacancy. After gathering numerous applications for the vacant position, it is time to sort and select the candidate. This is the decision-making step in the process of staffing. The management goes through all the applications and chose the candidate based on qualification. They also keep in mind the growth of the company while finalizing the candidate.
- Placement: After the selection process, the management places the candidate and allocates their duty.
- Orientation: This is the fun part after all planning and the hectic process of selection. The human resource department now explains to the new employee the various information about the company. Usually, a meeting is held to describe the rules and other policies of the company. This is done to run the company smoothly and efficiently.
- Induction: After understanding the fundamentals of the company, it is time for the new employee to meet the existing employees at the organization. This familiarizes the new employee with the company and creates a good atmosphere for work.
- Training and Development: Under this step, every new employee goes through a training period. It helps them to understand the job and do it accurately. This aids in the growth of the company.
- Appraisal: Based on the performance of the individual, there is an appraisal rewarded to the employee.
- Career Management: This is a process in the management, where an employee tries to better themselves by upskilling themselves continuously. This benefits both the individual and the company.
- Compensation: It is regarded to all the payments done by the company to the employee.
Functions of Staffing
- One of the most significant functions of staffing is to find the perfect fit for the company.
- The right fit for the company will yield better productivity. As result, this will lead to the growth of the company.
- Another important function of staffing is that it aids in optimum utilization of various factors.
- The proper recruitment helps to boost the work environment anduplift the morale of the organization.